1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
My first account is 13 years old, this one is 10.
2. What does your username mean?
My first DA name, -ek-, was short for El Kat-o, which was like El Bart-o (Bart Simpson's graffiti tagger alter ego) from The Simpsons, combined with Kat, which is the nickname most of my friends use to call me. Katimus Prime is just Optimus Prime with Kat instead of Opt.
3. Describe yourself in three words.
I'm from Neptune.
4. Are you left or right handed?
I'm a lefty. :>
5. What was your first deviation?
Eeegh, I cleared out my old account earlier this year, but I think it was an oekaki of Gomez and Morticia from the 90's Addams Family movies. I can't even find it on my archives. <_> My first deviation here is this one:
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
I really love the outcome of working on a big painting. I've only ever worked with acrylics, though, and I haven't found the time to do another painting in a while, but I really like how they come out. I also like getting into a groove with a vector project, but I don't have the patience to finish most of them. The art I end up producing the most of these days is scribbles done in the middle of the night on lined paper. orz
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
I'd love to be as flexible and versatile as one of the animators on The Venture Brothers. I'd also like to borrow the patience a lot of people have when it comes to art. Usually I'm done in a matter of minutes. The only things I've worked on that've taken days are things I've procrastinated on. (I wish I'd have gone to art school.)
8. What was your first favourite?
by luvmegabyte on my first account!
by Cabsie on this account!
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
It usually tends to be fanart of characters that are my favorites.
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
Currently, J.C. Leyendecker, but stitchedmoon is also very close. :3
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
I don't think there's anyone on my watch list that I wouldn't want to meet in person, but I'd love to meet KorsithKoris and Salut-Hurricane since they tagged me, but I also want to art jam more often with candlegirl and stitchedmoon . I'd love to meet lerato and zoe1718 and hyperionwitch and CrimsonSun or dragonmun sometime, too! I am boring and will probably just want to art jam, tho. ^_^;
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
I don't think I can express how much IAmTallface has done for me. (We are married. ^_^)
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
Digitally? MyPaint or Illustrator and Photoshop. Traditionally? Watercolor or alcohol-based markers & ink.
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
I generally like to create in seclusion, with no one watching and nothing to distract me. Anywhere where I can't be distracted is preferred but I can also handle drawing in a restaurant. I used to doodle on the back of receipt tape at work when I worked in retail.
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
When I met stitchedmoon and we bonded! I don't think I would have begun to reach out to anyone else on the internet anymore if it weren't for Erin.